Sunday, August 16, 2009

Life's Purpose

Life's purpose
May 24, '09 1:21 AMfor everyone

After church, I scribble along an old notebook wherein I jotted in my realizations, my feelings on something. The pages are turning yellowish brown and crisp, the wrtiings are starting to fade. Some of it I have already wriiten in this blog to make it last a bit longer (hopefully). I have a lot of scrapbooks before, unfortunately it was destroyed due to rain, flood, termites..
This is my way of comforting myself after a disappointment: Wanting something really bad but I did not get it! Reading Rick Warren's A Purpose Driven LIfe was an inspiration, here are some points that I meditated upon:
1. Its Not About Me. Life's failures, sorrows, disappointments, problems is Not about me or because of me: It is about God's plan for me! It all happen because of God's plan to be revealed to us if we patiently wait for it. More than that, God has planned something better for us! It's not what we want that God grants us but its is what God wants for us that He reveals!
Oftentimes, we think God is a genie who will grant us our wishes in an instant or we take our own step and let God follow us.
2. I am Not an accident. Acceptance is hard especially when you want something to happen! but it will be easy if you entrust it to God according to His plan in our lives. We exist because we are part of the masterful craft of God with a specific purpose.
We think we are unlucky.. we must not think of luck or fate as our mark to succeed! It should be based on our faith in God and hope in God's plan for us!
3. Living on Purpose is the Path to Peace. Purpose or objective is important in whatever we do. What is my purpose in teaching? in going to church? in communicating to God? in living? We are to unravel it by reading God's word or listening to His words..
One thing is true, God is the main purpose why we live here on earth and will live with Him in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment