Sunday, August 16, 2009

Basketball is Life


Basketball is Life!
Aug 9, '09 8:49 PM for everyone (source: Multiply account)

Basketball, a sport of physical challenges, battle of mental toughness,discipline, courage and passion for the game! Though I'm not a basketeer, I really love to watch and enjoy every bounce of the ball, as well as how each athlete handles and reacts to every possesion.
I remember how my mother reacted to my "addiction" of watching basketball games, "panlalaki 'yan e!" and I reacted with a question " bakit may nakasulat bang for male viewers only?". Later, she, as well became a fan of Purefoods, specifically Alvin Patrimonio and eager to watch with me live basketball whenever there is an out-of-town games.
Blame it on my brothers, who dragged me into this sport! My older brother always asked to watch him play at every corner of our barangay or at a bar to watch the PBA finals.. and my younger brother who I used to play one-on-one..
Through watching the games, I became a fan of "The Director", "The Triggerman" in the PBA and Isaiah Thomas, "His Airness" of the NBA. Later, Penny, Starks, Iverson, Ravena, Racela, Yap, PJ..and so on...It always bring a smile and elation to watch these guys, enjoying life for a moment of their triumph, loss and injuries.
Just like in life, we are facing facing physical challenges of waking up early and sleeping late at night to do paper works, be of good courage to face life's challenges, mentally stable to solve everyday problems, and have passion for our job to enjoy it! Our life is like a bouncing ball, sometimes we're up, sometimes we're down and our fate depends on our ball handler..

No comments:

Post a Comment