Monday, July 7, 2014

Blessings

Paul says that as Christians we can rejoice even in tough times because we have hope and because we know that God is working in our lives.Rick Warren, God's Power To Change Your Life

One tough time passed by but still etched in my memory, Typhoon Frank and the immense flood in June 21, 2008.  That time when we were surprised by fast-rising, raging flood water devouring the first floor of our house.  That time when fear, sadness and helplessness clothed the entire household and Iloilo as well.  That time when many people thought its the end of the world, as they say 666: F is the 6th letter of the alphabet, it happened in the 6th month of the year and devastated Region 6!

Quite unreasonable to recall that happening, but yesterday as heavy rains poured and the sky was dim, I was actually thinking of Frank! Classes were suspended due to flooding in school and sadly when I got home, flood welcomed me! Now I have time to write since classes were still suspended today.

Even with the water-surrounded environment in our demolished house, I have hope of a better environment surrounded with care.  Last night, my boss/my friend,/my sister in faith offered a room for me and my family, a warm welcome, a sincere concern and that I am grateful.  Indeed God is good! A blessing...

God will not permit any troubles to come upon us, unless He has a specific plan by which great blessing can come out of the difficulty.Peter Marshall 




No comments:

Post a Comment